How much time out of your day is spent manually processing every invoice, travel expense, and sales order that lands on your desk? What if you and your employees could get that time back to focus on the high-impact tasks critical to your business?
In 2021 SAP announced its Hands-Free ERP for SME’s initiative with a series of discussion white papers about Intelligent Enterprise & SAP. This initiative resulted in the creation of a powerful new technology called SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (IRPA for short). Available for Business One and Business ByDesign, IRPA gives you the ability to automate many of the daily administrative tasks that regularly steal productive time out of your day.
What is SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation?
Put simply, it’s a technology built into SAP Business One and Business ByDesign that gives you access to a selection of specialized automation bots. These bots can be used right out of the box, or you can modify them to fit your specific business needs. With minimal setup effort—and no extra cost—you can have your own SAP IRPA application.
SAP IRPA enables significant productivity gains for you and your workforce. Consider some of the repetitive and time-consuming tasks that are typically performed at regular intervals during the day/week/month:
- Download and classify email attachments before processing them.
- Create sales orders from purchase orders received from customers.
- Refresh spreadsheets with new data to enable future analysis.
It may seem trivial at first, but the minutes spent on these everyday tasks can add up to hours of activity every month--time that could be better spent on more valuable work.
Implementing SAP IRPA offers two important benefits. Its functionality enables you and your workforce to spend more time doing higher-value work, and it provides improved levels of consistency and accuracy in the recurring tasks that keep information flowing through your business.
Here’s What You Get
Existing SAP Business One and Business ByDesign customers can leverage the following SAP IRPA functionality:
- Implement SAP best practices bots straight out of the box with no additional development or integration work.
- Customers can modify any of the SAP best practices bots to adjust them to specific business needs with a minimal amount of effort.
- Customers can create brand new bots (with the available SDK) for the areas where automation will bring the highest value.
The best practices bot templates for Business One and Business ByDesign are available on the SAP IRPA Store and can be implemented without customization in minutes. Here are just a few of the bots you can find in the store:
- Business Document Extraction from E-Mail
- Proof of Delivery Note Upload in the Outbound Delivery
- Schedule Report Refresh
- Supplier Invoice Upload for Intelligent Invoice Scanning
- Sales Order Creation from a Local Purchase Order
- Account Master Data Enrichment for Document Information Extraction
Interested in the benefits of SAP Automation?
Learn more by contacting Phil Kirkham at VistaVu Solutions.